• In liaison with the Senior Accountant, follow up the completion of procurement plans of all budget-owning units/departments in the Company
• Consolidate all departmental procurement plans and submit to the Senior Accountant
• Review, analyze report on and rectify variances in the procurement plan with the budget in liaison with the Senior Accountant
• Solicit from the end users additional information on requisitions where necessary
• Verify and confirm with end users the basis of their estimated costs, in order to establish the accuracy of the estimate and determine the appropriate procurement procedure
• Solicit, document and maintain a database of potential suppliers for various goods, works and service providers
• Carryout the tendering process of advertising, analyzing, evaluating and award.
• Prepare tender documents, draft contract clauses, prepare specifications, and references to technical performance requirements suitable for the contracts in question
• Publish contract award notices, inform unsuccessful bidders, explain the award process and if necessary provide details to unsuccessful bidders
• Conduct price and services reviews and deal with any aspect of non-performance.
• Monitor and document contractual issues which may subsequently be used to prepare a case for termination or other remedial legislative actions.
• Review contracts regularly to check performance against specification and where there are problems identified act accordingly.
• Coordinate the procurement activities and ensure timely availability of supplies for the Company operations
• Address any logistical and warehousing issues related to procurement locally or from Kampala office
• Monitor and guide the Logistics Assistant based in Kampala for effective performance of duties and tasks assigned.
• Maintain suitable files for matters indirectly and directly relating to procurement and logistics.
• Ensure that the re- order levels are maintained and that the requisitioned materials / items are issued out to the various departments in time and without delay.
• Analyze procurement data and information, prepare and submit procurement reports
• Assess procurements and budget variances and advise budget owners in liaison with the Senior Accountant
INTRESTED APPLICANTS SHOULD SEND THEIR APPLICATION TO
Report this ad